Thursday, February 7, 2013

The KaBoom Nebula

I just had to share my newest purchase with you guys. Back at the very end of December Whimsy Beading was having a sale in honor of the owner Kelly's birthday. I decided to take advantage of the sale seeing as I had a ton of her stuff on my want list and snagged a necklace for myself for a Christmas/Birthday giftie. I knew I wanted something custom, and started trying to think of what I might like. The ordering process was absolutely fantastic. Kelly was amazing. She made me feel at ease in her world of sparklies and is a master at her craft. I decided I wanted something space themed, my love of astronomy has been pretty much a life long love affair. So I showed her some inspirational photos of a few of my favorite nebulae.
The Eagle Nebula (infrared) 
 I loved the green hues in this photo. Just awe inspiring. 
The Orion Nebula
 The pinks and fuchsia tones here are stunning. 
Nebula RCW49
The purple hues and the navy ambiance of space captivated me here. 

She showed me some beads I could pick from... I made a list of the ones I liked , and then she put them in a mock up for me.  I was SUPER interested in the multi-colored crystals, and they are absolutely perfect for my inspiration. How the colors of the universe blend into incredible beauty!! Ahhhh! be still my beating heart!

I told her I wanted my seed beads to represent the darkness of space itself and perhaps be speckled with a light color to represent "stars" and she expertly suggested that a mix of Hematite Black with Galvanized metallic silver would be PERFECT for a "star" effect. Boy .. was she spot on! :D

She then went one step further to insure I was 100% satisfied with the colors she made a sample of each colorway.
The beginning of a beautiful friendship
I made my decision and she proceeded with the beautiful handcrafting of my necklace. The photos of the finished design were outstanding. I was SO excited .. I mean.. how could I NOT be? Look at this AMAZING photo!


When it came in the mail I practically tore the box open. ;)  And there it was in all its cosmic glory! The KaBoom Nebula.


I just adore it. Saying its perfection is not doing it justice. The entire process from start to finish was just a great experience.

If you adore the custom colorway I designed and would like one for yourself you can purchase the KaBoom Nebula necklace by going here:  THE KABOOM NEBULA 

Or if you would like to design your very own you can go here : Custom colorway 

I am just so thrilled with my sparkly! Im saving up my pennies to get matching earrings in this same colorway, cuz I mean... I NEED them to live now. Haha! Not to mention several other necklaces in her Nerdy Whimsy section are just WOW! I'm especially in lust with her Doctor Who and Supernatural inspired pieces.

So that's enough gushing from me today. :D Do you have any Whimsy Beading on your wish list? Do you own any amazingly awesome sparklies of your own from WB? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. This necklace is beyond stunning. Kelly is a beading wizard!

    ReplyDelete